This morning I woke up to GMA morning show to find myself watching a small segment on celebrity moms who lost the baby weight in just a matter of weeks. Speaking from the point of view of the ordinary mom of a 2yr old, celebrity mom’s are like superheros with extraordinary powers. Their ability to snap-back in a matter of minutes from giving birth is unrealistic. So what is realistic? What’s normal?
NORMAL IS: REAL MOM
- Forget about dieting for at least 6 weeks and focus on eating a healthy diet.
- Losing baby weight can take up to a year.
- New moms need diets that give them energy to cope with the demands of a newborn.
- Six weeks after the baby is born, you can start curbing a few hundred calories a day.
- When it comes to exercise, think slow and gradual to work yourself back to your pre-pregnancy fitness level; C-section deliveries require additional rest and wound healing before regular physical activity take place.
NOT NORMAL: CELEB MOM
- Restricting calories and going on a crash diet for a movie premiere, photo shoot, or award ceremony
- Going on a low-calorie diet may help you get off the weight quickly, but can lead to the loss of lean muscle tissue and zap your energy level
- If you are a nursing mom, you can’t restrict calories because it will affect the quality of your breast milk.
Fore more tips please click here.
Till then lets take a look at the top 8 celebs who lost the baby weight faster than you can say ‘what baby?’